This notice applies to the activities of Migrants Organise as the owners migrantsorganise.org (also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) in its capacity as data controller as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
Migrants Organise is committed to ensuring that your personal data are kept safe, whether you are a supporter, volunteer, or campaigner and handled in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This privacy notice sets out how we collect and uses your data. We ask that you read it carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
The personal data we collect and use
Information collected by us
This site may collect and process the following personal data:
- Your name
- Your address
- Email address(es)
- Records of when you have exercised your statutory rights under data protection law and our response
The purposes for which we use your information:
We will only use your personal information for the purpose it was collected unless otherwise stated or communicated with you.
Who else do we share your personal data with?
Wherever possible, we do not share your data with any third parties or individuals outside of our organisation. In some cases, your data may be shared with an authorised third-party online service provider with which we have an account, for example Action Squared Inc. (who act as data processors for us with regard to our use of the Action Network platform, and with whom we have a Data Processing Addendum) and its subprocessors.
Your personal data rights
You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- the right to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data are being used and from whom we collect your personal data when we obtain it from other sources;
- the right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the restriction or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances;
- the right to request that we share elements of your data either to you or another service provider;
- the right to object to us processing your personal data in some circumstances; and
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time to those processing activities which we carry out on the basis of consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us at migrantsorganise.org. We may require evidence of your identity before we are able to complete your request.
What can I do if I have concerns about my personal data?
We hope we can help clarify and resolve any issues we have with you directly, however you also have a legal right to raise a complaint with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office). If you wish to find out more about how you can go about doing this you can visit https://ico.org.uk/.
Keeping your personal data secure
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and/or for as long as we are legally require to hold data in order to fulfil our statutory obligations.
We have put in appropriate procedures and policies in place to ensure your data are not accidentally lost, stolen or used without permission.
How to contact us