It is time to change the way you work and use the Internet.
This intensive course will take you from being a Facebook sceptic to a Blogging Whiz. At each session, we guide participants through the sometimes confusing and scary world of social media, digital activism, and online participation with a supportive and informal environment. Sample modules include ‘Online Health’, ‘Digital Economy’, ‘Creating a blog’, and ‘Engaging with Local and National Policy’.
- Leaders of migrant or refugee organisations
- Activists working for minority and BME rights
- Young migrants who are starting a social project
- Experienced leaders who are looking to refresh their skills
- Overcome fears about Internet privacy
- Learn about social networks like Facebook and YouTube
- Get your organisation online
- Share your opinions and talents to wider audiences
- Get your communities to participate and benefit from online resources
Participants are required to have basic computer skills and an email address. Additionally, each participant must be associated with an organisation, campaign, or social project related to migrants or refugees.
June 9 – July 28, 2011
The course meets two nights a week (Tues/Thur) from 6-8pm. Additionally, we will meet for two full day Saturday sessions (2/7 & 16/7). The first session will be Thursday, June 9th.
*Nearest tube station is Ladbroke Grove on the Hammersmith and City line and buses 7, 23, 52 and 70 also stop on Ladbroke Grove.
How to Apply
1.Download an application form
2.Email your completed application form to Nick at email@example.com
Application Deadline: June 3, 2011
If you have any questions, contact Nick Micinski, Communication and Training Officer, at 02089623045.
For information about other computer help, please see MRCF's Digital Activism Project.
One thought on “7 Week Digital Activism Course [Apps Due June 3]”
Mustafa Maknassa says:
looking forward to it enthusiastically